Prof. Dieter P. Gruber
Head of Division: Surface Testing, Robot Vision and Artificial Intelligence
Montanuniversität Leoben, Assoc. Prof.
Prof. Dieter P. Gruber received his venia docenti (Assoc.Prof.) in Material Physics and Digitalization at the Montanuniveristät Leoben in 2015. He received his Ph.D. in Technical Physics (Computional Physics) at the Technical University Graz in 2003.
His research interests include Machine Learning, Robot Vision, Surface Testing, Data Science and Simulation. He has authored over 40 peer-reviewed publications and was the project leader and principle investigator of more than 100 research projects.
- Aminabadi, S.S., Tabatabai, P., Steiner, A., Gruber, D.P., Friesenbichler, W., Habersohn, C., & Berger‐Weber, G. (2022) „Industry 4.0 In-Line AI Quality Control of Plastic Injection Molded Parts”, Polymers, 14.
- D.P. Gruber and M. Haselmann (2021) “Inspection of Transparent Objects with Varying Light Scattering Using a Frangi Filter”, Journal of Imaging, 7, 27.
- Haselmann, D.P. Gruber (2019) “Pixel-Wise Defect Detection by CNNs without Manually Labeled Training Data”, Applied Artificial Intelligence 33(6), pp. 1-19, 2019, DOI:10.1080/08839514.2019.1583862.
- Haselmann, D.P. Gruber, and P. Tabatabai (2018) “Anomaly Detection Using Deep Learning Based Image Completion.” In: 17th IEEE International Conference of Machine Learning (ICMLA). IEEE, 2018, pp. 1237–1242. DOI: 10.1109/ICMLA.2018.00201.
- M. Haselmann, D.P. Gruber (2017) “Supervised Machine Learning Based Surface Inspection by Synthetizing Artificial Defects.” In: 16th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA). IEEE, 2017, pp. 390–395. DOI: 0.1109/ICMLA.2017.0-130.