Dr. Peter Fuchs
Simulation and Modeling / Surface Testing, Robot Vision and Artificial Intelligence
Dr. Peter Fuchs MBA (male) studied Polymer Engineering and Science at the University of Leoben (Austria) and received his Master’s degree in 2007 and started working at the Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH (PCCL) as a researcher in the field of finite element simulation and fracture mechanics of polymers. He graduated to PhD in 2012. Research stays at the Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA (functional polymers) and at the Imperial College London, UK (mechanical engineering) strengthened his multidisciplinary knowledge of material behavior and modeling of polymers. He additionally received an MBA degree in business administration in 2020. During his time at PCCL he established a research division in the field simulation and modeling of polymer and polymer composites. Heading the division he is responsible for a team of 15 researchers and a number of international and national research projects. He is the industry supervisor of five ongoing and five finished PhD thesis. Furthermore, he is the author of 51 peer reviewed publications (Scopus H-index of 9).
- Gschwandl M., Friedrich B., Pfost M., Antretter T., Fuchs P.F., Mitev I., Tao Q., Schingale A., Towards electro-thermo-mechanical lifetime assessment for arbitrary power electronics, (2022) Microelectronics Reliability, 133, art. no. 114537 DOI: 10.1016/j.microrel.2022.114537
- Schipfer C., Fuchs P., Morak M., Tao Q., Zuendel J., Pressing Simulations within the PCB Manufacturing Framework, (2022) DOI: 10.1109/EuroSimE54907.2022.9758910
- Frewein M., Stojanovic S., Tao Q., Krivec T., Zuendel J., Goessler M., Fuchs P.F., Gschwandl M., An advanced, systematic simulation approach for studying warpage drivers of an assembled printed circuit board in early development stage, (2022) DOI: 10.1109/EuroSimE54907.2022.9758866
- Schipfer C., Gschwandl M., Fuchs P., Antretter T., Feuchter M., Morak M., Tao Q., Schingale A., Prediction of Curing Induced Residual Stresses in Polymeric Encapsulation Materials for Microelectronics (2021) 2021 22nd International Conference on Thermal, Mechanical and Multi-Physics Simulation and Experiments in Microelectronics and Microsystems, EuroSimE 2021, art. no. 9410855 DOI: 10.1109/EuroSimE52062.2021.9410855
- Pothukuchi H.K.R., Fuchs P., Schuecker C., Analysis of the critical stresses in high-voltage composite winding insulations under thermal loads, (2020) Journal of Composite Materials, 54 (15), pp. 2073 – 2084 DOI: 10.1177/0021998319887779